This postcard shows two separate wharves where granite was loaded onto schooners for shipment to places near and far. In the foreground is the present-day Granite Pier, then the wharf of the Rockport Granite Co. Behind it is the wharf used by the Pigeon Hill Granite Company. Known as Colburn’s Point, it is now the location of private homes.
For other views of the Rockport Granite Co. wharf, see:
- Granite Delivery and Wharf, Rockport, Mass., circa 1908.
- Rockport Granite Co. Wharf, Rockport, Mass., circa 1920.
- Granite Pier, Rockport, Mass., circa 1907.
- Rockport Granite Co. Steamer Wilhelmina Loading Stone, c. 1912.
- The Loading Dock (Granite Pier), Rockport, Mass., 1908.
For other views of the Pigeon Hill Granite wharf, see:
- Wharf of Pigeon Hill Granite Co. in Winter, c. 1905.
- Docks of Pigeon Hill Granite Co., Rockport, Mass., circa 1910.
This postcard was published by Souther-Mears Co., a Boston publisher in business only from 1908-1910, and distributed by A.M. Simon, a New York City postcard publisher. It was postmarked in June 1913. The same publisher also produced this view of the wharf.