Monthly Archives: March 2014

The Bowling Alley on Bearskin Neck, c. 1938

A recent posting here show a view across T-Wharf towards Bearskin Neck and the building that once was adjacent to (or part of) Waddell’s boat yard. Someone posted a comment asking if it was true that the building once housed … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged | 1 Comment

The James Babson Shop, Built in 1658

The earliest grant of land in what is now Rockport was to James Babson in 1658. It consisted of 32 acres in the area long known as Beaver Dam. After Babson acquired it, the property became known as the James … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | 2 Comments