This view of Front Beach in Rockport is undated. It has an undivided back, which indicates it was published prior to 1907, when the U.S. Postal Service first allowed divided back cards. The building to the left with the tower is the firehouse that was moved to Front Beach 1855 and remained in service until 1939.
This card was published by The Metropolitan News Co. of Boston, Mass., a company that specialized in New England postcards and that was in business from 1905 to 1916. The postcard was printed in Leipzig, Germany.