Monthly Archives: February 2013

Cape Ann Light, Rockport, Mass., circa 1920

This postcard offers a somewhat unusual view of the Twin Lights of Thacher Island. Closest of the two is the southern lighthouse, which today is owned by the town of Rockport. The chimney sticking up just to the left of … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged , | 1 Comment

Annisquam Cotton Mill, Before and After the 1882 Fire

For more than 50 years, the Annisquam Cotton Mill dominated downtown Rockport, filling the area along Broadway between School Street and Main Street. In operation since 1847, the mill was destroyed by fire in 1882. Even though the mill never … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged | 3 Comments